Last Update: 31 Dec 2021.
2.5 Labelling for pork & bacon received
Bacon & Gammon / Sourcing and receiving raw materials
Each batch of pork raw material and bacon shall be marked or labelled with the following as a minimum requirement on intake:
- Site identification code (health mark)
- Product description – e.g. rindless bellies
- Weight – The number of units may also be indicated
- Traceability batch code – In most cases the traceability batch code is the kill date however, where a production date is used, the information shall be able to trace the product backwards to a kill date. Slaughter code may be in ‘Julian’ calendar format or the actual kill date may be shown
- Confirmation of assured status – The lettering BQAP may be used to confirm the products’ assured status to relate to the product within the container/box. Non-eligible material shall not be packed within the same dolav, container or box
- Country of birth, rearing and slaughter or statement of pigs’ origin – Where pigs are born, reared and slaughtered in one country, a single statement of origin is sufficient for the traceability declaration
- Date of freezing on all frozen raw material
- Process-by date or (best before on frozen material) – Use by date is optional
- Kill date (where applicable)
Whether the material is being transported in dolav, rigid container or as boxed, the labelling information shall remain attached to the unit.
Verification of labelling or markings.