Last Update: 7 Jan 2022.
7.8 Labelling for reception, storage & despatch
Quality Assured Pork / Cold store and vehicle operating procedures
Each batch of pork to be used as a raw material for the manufacture of any BMPA Quality Pork Charter products shall be marked or labelled with the following as a minimum requirement on reception, storage and despatch:
- Site identification code (health mark) – Charter participant’s site license number
- Product description – e.g. rindless bellies
- Weight – The number of units may also be indicated.
- Traceability batch code – In most cases the traceability batch code is the kill date however, where a production date is used, the information shall be able to trace the product backwards to a kill date. Slaughter code may be in ‘Julian’ calendar format or the actual kill date may be shown.
- Confirmation of assured status – The lettering BQAP may be used to confirm the products’ assured status to relate to the product within the container/box. Non-eligible material shall not be packed within the same dolav, container or box.
- Country of birth, rearing and slaughter or statement of pigs’ origin – Where pigs are born, reared and slaughtered in one country, a single statement of origin is sufficient for the traceability declaration.
- Date of freezing on all frozen raw material
- Process-by or use by date – FSA guidance on “use by” and “best before” date codes.
- Kill date
Verification of labelling or markings.