Last Update: 5 Jan 2022.
12.8 Labelling for reception, storage & despatch
Ham & Cooked Pork / Cold store and vehicle operating procedures
Each batch of pork to be used as a raw material for the manufacture of any BMPA Quality Pork Charter products shall be marked or labelled with the following as a minimum requirement on reception, storage and despatch:
- Site identification code (health mark)
- Product description – e.g. rindless bellies
- Weight – The number of units may also be indicated
- Traceability batch code – In the majority of cases the traceability batch code is the kill date however, where a production date is used, the information shall be able to trace the product backwards to a kill date. Slaughter code may be in ‘Julian’ calendar format or the actual kill date may be shown.
- Confirmation of assured status – The lettering BQAP may be used to confirm the products’ assured status to relate to the product within the container/box. Non-eligible material shall not be packed within the same dolav, container or box
- Country of birth, rearing and slaughter or statement of pigs’ origin – Where pigs are born, reared and slaughtered in one country, a single statement of origin is sufficient for the traceability declaration.
- Date of freezing on all frozen raw material
- Process-by – use by is optional
- Kill date (where applicable)
The labelling requirement covers pork raw material, ham and cooked pork for further processing. Whether the material is being transported in dolav, rigid container or as boxed, the labelling information shallremain attached to the unit.
Verification of labelling or markings.