Last Update: 6 Jan 2022.
2.5 Labelling for pork raw material received
Quality Assured Pork Sausages / Sourcing and receiving raw materials
Each batch of pork raw material shall be marked or labelled with the following as a minimum requirement on intake:
- Site identification code (health mark)
- Product description – e.g. rindless bellies
- Weight – The number of units may also be indicated
- Traceability batch code – In most cases the traceability batch code is the kill date however, where a production date is used, the information shall be able to trace the product backwards to a kill date. Slaughter code may be in ‘Julian’ calendar format or the actual kill date may be shown
- Confirmation of assured status – The lettering BQAP may be used to confirm the products’ assured status to relate to the product within the container/box. Non-eligible material shall not be packed within the same dolav, container or box
- Country of birth, rearing and slaughter or statement of pigs’ origin – Where pigs are born, reared and slaughtered in one country, a single statement of origin is sufficient for the traceability declaration
- Date of freezing on all frozen raw material
- Process-by date or best before on frozen material or a use by date is optional. FSA guidance on Use By/Best Before coding + guidance on date coding associated with C Bot control.
- Kill date (where applicable)
Whether the material is being transported in dolav, rigid container or as boxed, the labelling information shallremain attached to the unit.
Verification of labelling or markings.